Monday 6 June 2011

Decision Time: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 or iPad 2

So the Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G has arrived on our shores... now as you know it runs Android 3.0 Honeycomb and is a beautiful device which rivals the iPad.

There are a couple of things about this tablet that really appeals to me:
  1. It's Google centric and judging the number of Google products and services I use it would make perfect sense to add this to my mobile devices for seamless workflow
  2. It has a 8MP rear camera
But having used the iPad 2 for just over a month I've realised that Google integration is a non issue on the iPad as there are apps around most issues. However, I am still leaning towards the Galaxy Tab :-) I really enjoyed reading iPad 2 and Galaxy Tab: Happy Together Under One Roof

So will the keynote later today at WWDC with all the talk about iCloud and Time Capsule prevent me from a Galaxy Tab purchase?

I will know at about 9pm SA time!

UPDATE: Well I was blown away with all the announcements! I am pretty certain that at present the best mobile operating system in the world is iOS. I also took some time to play with the Galaxy Tab and Honeycomb - both the device and the Android operating system are not in the same league as the iPad and iOS - the tab felt "cheap" when handling if that makes sense. So decision has been made I am converting. Step 1 was the iPad 2 which I have had since it's release in South Africa - tomorrow I am upgrading to iPhone 4 to complete the picture :)

No comments:

Post a Comment